Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Sunday 27 January 2013

A Cup of Tea for My Valentine


Good morning ladies, hope all is well in blogland today.  The CASology Challenge this week is "DRINK" so here goes, do I have Tea, Coffee or something stronger?  Thoughts of Valentine's day spring to mind so here goes.  This card is also for the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge so I used the set sketch and here is what I came up with.

 

As this was for my hubby I used a beige card to make it more masculine, the papers are Pink Petticoat "Old Fashioned Girl", the stamp was a freebie with a mag.  I mounted the papers onto red card and added a computer generated sentiment.  The stamp was embossed with clear embossing powder to enable easier colouring as the card was quite soft, the cups were coloured  with a crimson promarker and the flowers highlighted with a white Pen-touch pen.  The white pen looks OK on the card but when photographed in detail it looks a bit messy, not sure if I will use it again, maybe practice makes perfect!

I now have a cute little Valentine for him indoors, hope he likes it.

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous stamp! Usually I never end up using those freebies that I get. Love the colours you used....a perfect masculine Valentine's Day card too! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pops of red on this neutral card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous combo of challenges and those papers are so much fun! Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card... you combined the challenges perfectly!! your hubby will surely love this!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so darling... love those stacked tea cups! thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sylv, this is a great Valentine for a man (in this case, your DH). Great colors...I love kraft, red and white! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the layout - the "love" strip of paper and the tea cups sitting on the sentiment "shelf"! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fab card Sylv, I love it....perfect colours for a man, and they're always after a cuppa, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good design here Sylv..... great idea on the cuppa!

    Please pop over to the Twinchies DT blog when you can xxx
    E x

    ReplyDelete