Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Saturday 18 May 2013

Pastel Rainbow A Surprise Find


Good afternoon, and what a beautiful day we have had today.   I spent some time out in the garden tidying things up a bit, the weather this year has not been kind and quite a few shrubs and plants have died off and there are bare patches everywhere.   As I had been so busy I thought a little time in the craft room was called for, this is my tag for the Lavinia Stamps challenge  pop over and take a look, the DT creations are absolutely gorgeous.  The theme this month is "Pastel Colours",  I have been playing around with my brayer and some Kaleidacolor raised rainbow dye inkpads - which I found in a box hidden away in a cupboard - the baby powder  ink pad had the ideal colours for this challenge.  I don't have many Lavinia stamps and had used the fairy and fairy house stamps for previous challenges so I went with a simple tag using the flower stamps I have.


Using glossy card a strip of colour was brayered over the tag, this gave it a pastely rainbow effect.  The flowers were stamped in broken china and worn lipstick distress inks.  The butterfly was coloured with the pinks from the ink pad and glitter added to both the butterfly and the bottom layer of stamped flowers.  I coloured a cream ribbon with the brayer and inks and added it to the tag.

A simple CAS tag, but very enjoyable to make.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful delicate images and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is gorgeous Sylv, it really lives up to the Pastel theme. Thank you for entering it into the Lavinia Challenge, and good luck. Hugs, Pauline, Lavinia DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Sylv, love the gorgeous colours and the stamps look wonderful in pastels.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylv, this tag is stunning, I love the stamps and your colours are so delicate and pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful ,love the soft hues and the stamps and butterfly are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty ! Subtle colors !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sylvia, this is absolutely gorgeous.....I'm so leaning towards CAS cards (and tags) at the moment. This tag is is such beautiful colours, and just perfect for our Lavinia Stamps challenge. Good luck, a £40 prize would be very acceptable, I'm sure!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant, I love the background coloring and the butterflies. Gorgeous work. Good lick on the contest. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful Sylv, I love it. Thank you for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT Member

    ReplyDelete