Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Thursday 17 March 2016

Rubber Dance Stamps Challenge - Green White and Orange



Morning everyone, I must be in an orange phase as I seem to be using this colour in most things I have done, or are doing at the moment.  This card is my entry for the Rubber Dance Challenge this is a colour challenge and this month the colours are green, white and orange with an optional theme of St Patricks Day.  I don't have many of their stamps but was lucky enough to get the pear image as a gift when I ordered some art journaling  stamps from them.


The orange background colour was created with Pan Pastels over a scolloped mask and stencilled with distress inks in spiced marmalade and cracked pistachio.  I stamped the swirl in cracked pistachio in the white circle, stamped and embossed the pear, coloured it with distress inks and cut it out to mount on the swirled area, the background was stencilled and stamped.

The stamps used on the background and the swirl in the white circle are from the Round in Circles Stamp Set.  The pear I think is from the Da Vinci Stamp Set.  I found a sentiment stamp with special wishes on so used this to stamp Special against the pear, "Special Pair" ideal for an engagement or anniversary card.  I mounted the panel onto Papermilldirect Spring green card and added it to a white linen card blank.

Pop over and check out the Rubber Dance Stamps shop, they have a great selection of stamps and some great inspiration on their blog from the design team.

I will be back next week with details of a tutorial and another card using orange again, mandarin orange cardstock from Papermilldirect.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sylv. Love this. The pistachio spiral is striking and I love the pear and the play on words. A very pretty card. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sylv fabulous creation. Love all those details x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project, lovely colours.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous creation! So colourful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the combo on this card Sylv. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sylv! How nice to see you got use of the freebie pear I added to your stamp order. I LOVE your play with words! Just perfect ;) Thank you so much for making this for our March challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful - love the design and all the different elements you've used

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Sylv, the pear pops off the white circle and it's a lovely image too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phantastic work! Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Sylv. I am always so inspired by the way you create backgrounds with masks and stencils. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete