Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Monday 18 July 2016

Another Rainbow Project For the Take 5 Challenge -


Good morning friends, followers and family popping in.  Today I have another Take 5 project for this month's rainbow colours challenge.  I have been inspired recently by the beautiful colourful creations I have seen around using masses of different sized butterflies to make a swathe of colour on projects and cards.  This is my take on this theme using two Oak House Studio butterflies, a small die cut butterfly, Oak House Studio pure colour chemistry inks and pigment ink pads.


I coloured a piece of paper with bright coloured pigment inks using an ink blender and added a little stencilling for interest.  This was glued onto a wall plaque to make the base for my butterflies.  Using pure colour chemistry inks I sprayed seven pieces of Papermilldirect white card with bright rainbow colours ready for stamping.  Two sizes of the Charming Butterfly stamp were used to stamp butterflies onto  each of the inked cards using co-ordinating pigment inks.

The butterflies were fussy cut and one large and one smaller layered together.  I die cut a smaller butterfly from each of the colours and over stamped them with the butterfly stamp.  


A die cut banner was coloured with pigment inks and stamped with the Without Change sentiment.  I added the sentiment to the bottom of the plaque and placed the butterflies  round it and up to the top of the plaque in the rainbow colours.

I only used two Oak House Studio butterfly stamps but the new butterfly bundle stamp set has a variety of butterflies and the sentiment you could use to give more variety.

Don't forget to join us in this month's challenge, post your projects on your blog or facebook and let us know where to find it and we will pop over and take a look.

As you will all know I am on the design team for Papermilldirect, they have a call out for a new design team member so if you are interested you can find out more HERE.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning project Sylv, I love everything about it, so colourful and inspiring :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, gorgeous colours! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sylv, I love the gorgeous colours and butterflies. Great sentiment too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just stunning Sylv. What amazing colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sylvia this is stunning I love all the butterflies. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is fabulous! Love all those beautiful coloured butterflies - awesome finish!! Great project!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sylvia. I absolutely love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beatitude! I love the gorgeous colours and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Sylv. The butterflies are so beautiful in the rainbow colours. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful wall hanging. The colours are just gorgeous and all the fussy cut butterflies look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Sylv. just gorgeous. I love the bright and beautiful colors. stunning work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and love the bright colours

    ReplyDelete