Hello, Sylvia here with my weekly papermilldirect DT make. Now Christmas is over I have been taking time to make a few note cards for friends and family thanking them for my Christmas presents. I used permilldirect ready made card blanks which are ideal for this, just add a background, sentiment and embellishments and you have a quick, easy card.
I made some inky backgrounds using odd pieces of white hemp and cream hopsack textured card, distress paints, stencils, gesso and distress oxide inks. I had a major accident when the top came off the silver paint and flooded over the blue background, my desk and workspace. I quickly scraped off as much as I could off the background and managed to use it on the cards, but the rest of my desk suffered a little with silver spots and splodges.
The inky backgrounds were cut down to fit A6 co-ordinating coloured card blanks. Stamped and die cut sentiments were added and some backgrounds were matted onto contrasting card before attaching to the card blank. I added a white paper insert to the cards ready for writing my message.
- papermilldirect Cream hopsack 255gsm card, white hemp 255gsm card, white linen 255gsm card, plain white paper 137gsm
- papermilldirect A6 and large square card blanks
- Ranger distress paints and distress oxide inks
- IndigoBlu rubber stamp - circle dots
- sentiments - Hero Arts and Penny Black
- dies - Penny Black and Hero Arts
- stencils - Tim Holts mini stencils #28 & #30 and IndigoBlu starburst