Hello everyone and welcome new followers. I have been working outside my comfort zone this week making a few Mother's Day/birthday cards. Although I love cards with floral decoration I have always found it difficult to use grouped flowers and leaves on my cards. Recently I bought a Sizzix large flower die and embossing folder, I bought it to make a wreath with Spring colours but also wanted to use this in my cardmaking.
The sentiment was foiled onto a square of papermilldirect white linen card. This was layered onto an embossed square of papermilldirect Dark Violet plain card and then onto a white linen card blank. The large embossed flower and leaves were positioned at the lower right hand side of the card and sequins and pearls added.
A second card was made using a tri-fold card. An aperture was die cut from the front of the card and the flowers flowers and leaves added, a foiled sentiment was added to the inside fold. To add interest I embossed the inside of the card before adding a printed sentiment.
- papermilldirect white linen square card blank
- papermilldirect white linen card 255gsm, dark violet plain card 240gsm, new lilac smooth card 240gsm, raspberry pink plain card 240gsm, navy plain card 240gsm, spring green plain card 240gsm, jade plain card 290gsm and apple green plain card 240gsm
- Sizzix Bigz/Textured Impressions die and embossing folder butterfly embellishments
- Sizzix label ornament #3
- Crafters Companion A4 embossing folder
- Hot foiling machine and die
- digital sentiment from The Lovely Studio
I enjoyed playing with the large flowers and will be making the wreath next. The flowers have been cut out using a wide range of colours so I have plenty of flowers for my future projects.