Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 6 July 2018

Daring Cardmakers Elemental Challenge


Great news this week, I have been asked to be a guest designer on The Daring Cardmakers Challenge.  I am just back from a three week holiday and this is a good kick start to get me into the craft room and get me crafting.

Daring Cardmakers hold a weekly challenge starting each Friday, pop over to their blog to find out more.  The challenge this week is an elemental challenge - to make a card using three or more elements from the picture below:


For my first card I picked the flowers, the vases (black and white element) and the colours yellow and the green from the bouquet.  

The yellow background was created using Brushos on papermilldirect white linen card.  The stamp used was JOFY mini 22, and I made the striped washi tape using masking tape.


My second card used the circles, the colour yellow and the succulent in the bouquet (stamped on the top right circle).  The background is distress inks on white linen card, the six circles were stamped with Oak House Studio stamps and the sentiments were computer generated.
 

I found the shoe and sentiment stamp whilst rummaging through boxes of old stamps, not sure of the make as they are very old.  I 3D the shoe and added a flower coloured to look like the succulents in the bouquet. added circles underneath and used a yellow papermilldirect card blank.

 


It was challenging for me to make these cards as I do not use a lot of yellow in my cardmaking but found they came together with the black and white and odd touch of green quite well. 

Hope you can take time to join in the Daring Cardmakers Challenge this week. 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia your cards are stunning. I do love yellow it is one of my favourite colours. Congratulations on your Guest Design Team slot. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three stunning cards Sylv. Congratulations on the GDT spot, it's a lovely team to work with. Hope you had a lovely holiday. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team and what fabulous creations. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful crads you have made Sylv

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, lovely to have you designing along with us! Three great takes on the inspiration pic - you'd never guess you struggle with yellow! I especially love the circles with the texture patterns stamped on them in your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your GDT spot Sylv. Stunning card in fabulous colour theme.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 Totally different but equally stunning cards - I love the yellow black and white combination - great projects.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty selection of cards Sylv. The yellow is very refreshing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your cards Sylvia. I don't use yellow much either but it looks fab with the black on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic to have you with us Sylvia. These cards are wonderful - I can't believe just how much inspiration you took from the picture! So clever....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a hard act to follow Sylv - put me to shame! Can't believe you've made 3 cards for this challenge and they all fit perfectly. Welcome aboard! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all awesome - I'm getting a little sad I missed out on this challenge...

    ReplyDelete