Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Thank You Teacher Gift Box


Hello friends, followers and family passing by.  We are coming to the end of the school year and many of you will be making gifts and cards for your children's teachers.  I usually get asked by my grandchildren to make something for them to give their teachers.  This year I have made a quick gift box to hold some lovely chocolates.


I don't know what this type of box is called but it is so easy to make with just an oblong of card, glue and embellishmentsA short basic tutorial can be found on my papermilldirect DT blog post with details of what I used to make it.

Once I had made my box, before sticking the two ends it was covered with patterned paper from my stash.  The sentiment was printed, cut out with a shaped die, edged with distress ink and attached to the box with 3D sticky pads.  Three simple roses and a few leaves were added to the sentiment and a stamped tag added to the top with hessian cord.


I used a sentiment from my Silhouette Store downloads filling the words with colour and printing rather than cutting out.  The edges of the box were decorated with die cuts.

Thank you all for looking and all your lovely comments on my previous posts.  Hope you find the tutorial useful if you pop over to the papermilldirect blog.

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely gift for a teacher,love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teachers will be thrilled to receive these little beauties!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crisp and fresh looking. Stunning project Sylv!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Sylv - the sentiment is perfect! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, sure to be appreciated by the teachers who receive them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely teacher gift idea - love the box Sylv.

    ReplyDelete