Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Saturday 11 August 2018

Keepsake Birthday Card And Box


Do you ever make keepsake cards?  I was asked if I could make a special card for a Mum's 65th birthday,  today I have a tutorial over on the papermilldirect blog with details of how I made this large 18cm square card with a matching decorated box to present it in.


To make the card blank I used a sheet of papermilldirect A3 white linen card and  pink, spring green and amber lustre pearlescent card for the dies and layering.  The dies were Sizzix, the stencil and butterfly were Memory Box.

The sentiments were computer generated and printed onto the stencilled background before layering onto the prearlescent card.  This was matted onto the card blank before adding the embellishments. 

The dies were arranged on the card, a jump ring added to the birdcage and a few sequins to finish the card.


A box was made and decorated to match the card, I fastened a ribbon down the center of the base with a two inch overhang to help lift the card from the box, it was then lined with tissue paper which had been stencilled with the distress inks.

I always keep A3 and 12" x 12" card in my stash for creating projects that cannot be made with a sheet of A4 card, and for use with my Silhouette cutting machine.  You can buy a pick and mix box of A3 card or just a pack of 10 sheets  in the Papermilldirect shop.   

10 comments:

  1. Love this card and it's presentation box - the colours are so soft are beautifully matched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauriful card and box Sylv. The colours are lovely and I love the stencilled background on the card. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and box, I love the colour choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeousssssss and so elegant Sylv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the texture given by the linen cardstock, great look! The colours are soft and delicate, making for a very pretty card. A lovely keepsake for your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful matching keepsake card and box, I am certain this will be treasured, fabulous project!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful card and box

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, such a stunning creation. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Sylv - really special keepsake. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete