Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Thursday 23 August 2018

Making My 2019 Calendar


Papermilldirect 2019 calendars are now available and I have been working on mine for next year. These calendars are such fun to do and make great presents for friends or family,  they can be one theme or different themes on each page depending on who the recipient is.  They make great presents for friends or family and I will be making another for my mum with a flower theme for each month.


I always try to use inks, stamps and stencils which have not been used for some time, for this calender I will be using Oak House Studio spray inks, of which I have dozens of glorious colours, and stamps with faces and heads as the center element of my pages.

A circle was cut from card to make a stencil for colouring through, this was fastened to the calender page with masking tape ready for stamping and spraying the page.  

I found the best way to proceed was to stamp the image first then spray with the inks and add further stamping and stencilling when the ink was dry.  The reason being my January page was sprayed first and the stamp did not stamp properly, probably because the ink had not dried enough.  This was no problem though I stamped the image onto tissue paper and stuck it over the image on the page then added colour and the white embellishments. 


Stamping the image first for the February page worked much better.  The background images were stamped by masking the main image and the hearts were stencilled on last.

I'm off now to rummage through my stamps for some suitable stamps for March and April.

Sylv xx 







11 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia I love the way you have started decorating your calendar. It is gorgeous. You will enjoy using it next year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,love the images.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love January. It's blue! And that image is so pretty. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous Sylv I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Sylv, think I may need to get one of these for my Mum too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this calendar xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully created images for your calendar, so nice it can be created and personalised to suit a special persons particular likes and interests xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The designs are stunning, Sylv, just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous calendar pages. Such lovely deep colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky are the ppl who get a calendar from you Sylv! I hope you'll show the whole thing when it's complete. I love what you've done. Shabneez PS. If you have one going spare I would love it......xxx

    ReplyDelete