Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Foiling Machines - A Review Of Go Press And Foil Machine


Have you a foiling machine but not got to grips with it yet?  Today I have a post over on the papermilldirect blog reviewing the Go Press And Foil machine and which papermilldirect card works best with it.

I have a few samples to show you of my recent makes using the foiling machine.  The things I gather together before foiling are - dies, foils, card, sharp scissors, a rough sponge for buffing away loose foil, a rubber for removing any foil residue and the three 300gsm card shims I use with my Sizzix Bigshot.



I find papermilldirect card ideal for foiling, even the textured cards worked well for me for sentiments but you sometimes get a sketchy look on textured card if the die has a large area of foiling. 

For my card samples I used a selection of papermilldirect card, black plain 250gsm, navy plain 240gsm, buff smooth 260gsm, Christmas red plain 240gsm, teal plain 240gsm, marine blue smooth 240gsm, white linen 255gsm, white hemp 255gsm and white hop sack 255gsm


Above is a 15cm square Christmas card, the snowflake was foiled with holographic foil onto a square of white linen card and layered onto navy card then onto the white linen card blank. 



The buff card above, which is 10.5cm square, was foiled with three different foils, a great way to use up left over bits of foil. 



Above is a picture of a foiled piece, a letterpress piece and a piece using the used foil image.  I do like the letterpressing for making small thank you cards and this seahorse is a really detailed foil stamp. 

If you are struggling with your foiling machine don't give up,  check out how to videos and keep trying.  Like all new machines it is just practise and eventually using them comes as second nature.

Sylv xx

9 comments:

  1. it's very different but elegant and beautiful Sylv
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples of foiking - love the Joy one and the Snowflake in particular!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful foiled cards Sylvia. I espicially like the snowflake one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylvia all your makes are stunning. Thank you for all the tips. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great samples Sylv - I love my machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely detailed cards. Wonderful shine!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely, very elegant. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete