Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Sunday 23 September 2018

Turn Up The Beads At The Daring Cardmakers Challenge



Hello everyone, today I have my DT card for this week's Daring Cardmakers Challenge.  Mirri is hosting the challenge this week and she wants to see Bead(s) in your creations.

Beads are something I have not used for some years, I used to make cards with wire and bead embellishments and thought I would make something similar for this challenge.  Unfortunately my stash of wire had tarnished so that idea was out. I only had a small amount of stash with me this week so that caused problems too.

I re-thought and decided to add some beads to hessian cord to this stencilled card.  The photo proved difficult with the weather but you can see the blue and green beads I picked to match the stencilled colours.



I recently bought some Clarity Stamp stencils and used one of these with distress oxide inks to make the background, two papermilldirect white linen card squares were cut out and a die cut circle cut from each. A sentiment was stamped onto the front card before the apertures were layered over the stencilling.  A piece of lime green plain card 290gsm was matted onto a white linen card blank, the cord was fastened round the white squares and layered onto the green card using 3D sticky tape. 



I added some beads to the snowflake on this Christmas card too, it was foiled using the Go Press and Foil machine and will be one of my Christmas card designs this year when I decide whether to add a sentiment or not.

Do dig out those beads and pop over and join us for the Daring Cardmakers Challenge this week.

Sylv xx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia your cards are stunning I love them both. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, the beads add a nice 3D touch to both cards. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Sylvia - love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Sylvia, the beads are a lovely finishing touch to both!!
    Lovely designs!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super cards, Sylv. I love how you've used the hessian with the beads on your first card and your stencilled design is beautiful. Your lovely second card is so elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beady ideas are great! I love the beads on a twine and how you "decorated" the snowflake stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards and the beads just add that little bit of something special. Just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stencilled design looks really effective in the circle and your simple bead embellishments are a perfect finishing touch. The foiled designs look really stylish and I love the letterpress seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of beads Sylv! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete