Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Thursday 18 October 2018

65th Birthday Card



Hi everyone, Do you ever get inspired by a certain colour or texture of card?  Today I have a special card to show you which was inspired and designed round a piece of  aquamarine coloured Nettuno card I had in my stash.  The colour and texture are gorgeous and although it was a small piece I did not want to throw it away.


The background was created using my Tim Holtz  spritzer tool and distress markers, tumbled glass and cracked pistachio markers were used and spritzed onto a square of  white linen card, I then gently sprayed the spritzed area with a mist of water and left to air dry.  

A Sizzix fern die was cut from the aquamarine Nettuno linen effect card and a small hexagon was cut from white linen card.  The greeting was stamped in blue ink on the background and the 65 was stamped onto a small hexagon also in blue.  


Two holes were punched into the hexagon and hessian string threaded through, this was wound round the white square under the sentiment and fern.  This panel was layered onto a larger white linen square  with 3D sticky tape, then matted onto a white linen card blank.  

The card was finished with a few blue crystals, sequins and dots of Perfect Pearls.

Sylv xx







8 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia this is a stunning card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of this card. It looks great.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gourgeous card Sylvia - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the effect you've created for the background Sylv. Yes, I am often inspired by colours. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete