Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Tri Fold Snowflake Card


Hello friends, followers and anyone passing by.  I have made a start on my Christmas makes and today I have a selection of die cut tri-fold Christmas cards to show you.  I used papermilldirect's new 300gsm double sided pearlescent card.


I bought a Sizzix tri-fold card die last year, cut it out once using a thin card and wasn't happy with the result, it was a little floppy and didn't hold up well.  This year I was determined to use the die and tried it with 300gsm double sided pearlescent card. This is a nice firm card and being double sided was ideal as both sides of the card are on show.  The card cut out beautifully with the thin die and when folded held it's shape well. 


The cards, snowflakes and wording embellishments were cut using  Xmas Red, Xmas Green,  Maya Blue, Harvest and Ice Silver. I used the cut out square from the front of the card to add to the inside back of the red card, stamping it and heat embossing with glitter embossing powder.


I layered up the snowflakes in different colours to tone with the card colour and added coloured gems to each snowflake to add a little more interest.

Sylv xx

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful - love the die you’ve used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Sylvia they are gorgeous. That die is gorgeous I am pleased you managed to make it work. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful - what a joy it would be to receive one of these!

    ReplyDelete