Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 5 July 2013

Getting Messy with some Hidden Treasures



Good morning all you lovely ladies out there, another nice day here so an early post then off for a walk with the dogs and some housework.

I have been sorting through my craft boxes (as you do now and again) and came across some small canvasses with stands, originally bought to use the stands for photographing cards.  I have not done a canvass yet and thought the challenge over at Anything But A Card would be the ideal challenge for me to give it a try, and to use up some of the alcohol inks I bought but never opened.  The theme for this challenge is "Getting Messy", and I assure you I did!  And here they are one for him and one for her.



The ladies canvass was coloured with Dylusions ink spray in vibrant turquoise and fresh lime and some Adirondack colour wash in sailboat blue.  I them added some texture past with the Crafters Workshop Mini Butterfly Meadow template.  When dry the raised areas were coloured with the inks and treasure gold, a little embossing powder sprinkled over and heated to give a shine.  The little butterfly was punched out, coloured and added to the top corner which I thought looked a little bare.

The other canvass was done with a male theme, cogs and gears.  The canvass was treated the same as the other using Adirondack alcohol inks in mushroom, raisin and a smidge of lettuce, a Splodgeaway cogs stencil was used with the texture paste.  When the canvass was dry I applied some rust powder, treasure gold and two Tim Holtz metal cogs.

Really enjoyed myself playing with these, a bigger canvass may be on the cards.  Off now to have a lovely walk on the beach,  but hope to have a free hour or so this afternoon for some more messy work, I have a few Tim's Tags to catch up with it may be another messy afternoon.

17 comments:

  1. ooooow you have been busy love them both

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very beautiful projects with great colours Sylv.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using up old stash... very good. Both canvas are beautiful but I prefer the ladies one, of course I would silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to try something different to a card sometimes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects and so good to get inky fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sylv!!! I love them both especially the one for him!

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super canvasses, but I particularly like the male themed one - super!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous canvases love them both

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sylv, these are amazing canvases hun, love them both, glad you had a "messy play", love doing that, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both turned out gorgeous. I love the golden one the best. Fun to try things other than cards, perhaps I should leave my comfort zone and do it more often! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are both brilliant Sylv
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful texture and colors. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sylv, these are fabulous.....I haven't made much with texture yet, but this has given me some inspiration to try xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG these are amazing! The first one uses gorgeous colouring and beautiful stamps, the second one is so textured and wonderful. So very different but both something I would have in my home.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous Sylv. Must dig out some canvasses and get messy. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete