Hello friends and followers. This week I have been playing with an orange, brown and buff colour palette for a male birthday card. I find this colour palette with the die cut star and circle background stamping works well.
I blended distress inks in yellows and oranges onto an oblong of smooth white card and stamped a background pattern onto it in dark brown ink. This was mounted onto an oblong of brown card then onto a buff A6 card blank.
A medium sized star was die cut, stamped with part of the background stamp in brown ink and edged with orange distress inks. The star was attached to the card with a swirl of thin cord behind. A computer generated sentiment strip was added under the star.
- papermilldirect white card super smooth 300gsm, buff smooth card 260gsm and mocha brown plain card 240gsm
- papermilldirect A6 buff card blank
- IndigoBlu background stamp Circle Dot Background
- distress inks in yellows, oranges and brown for stamping
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Star
- thin hemp string