Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 17 May 2019

Daring Cardmakers M A Y Letters Challenge


Today I have my design team card for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge.  Kathy is hosting the challenge this week and wants you to use or incorporate one thing beginning with each letters of the word MAY.


I used a Mixed Media Style, an Aperture and the colour Yellow for my M, A and Y.



The background was created first, coloured chalk paints were smudged onto white card and stamps randomly stamped in black and yellow ink and a little stencilling using white ink.


A square card blank was made using white linen card and an aperture was cut out of a square piece of card  which was slightly smaller than the card blank.  A sentiment was stamped onto the aperture before layering it over the painted panel and attaching to the card with 3D foam pads.


A flower and bee were stamped onto a piece of yellow painted card and fussy cut.  These were attached to the card and a few dots of perfect pearls placed on the mount.

You can find details of the challenge and the DT inspiration on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.  

Sylv xx





   

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sylvia, love the background and wonderful flower.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia this is a stunning card I love it. The idea for the challenge is brilliant. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background piece is absolutely stunning - I hope you made more of it!
    I think the whole thing has a kind of updated 70's feel and I just adore it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style - the background and elements are so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the night and beautiful colors today. Totally pops of the paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card Sylv - the colours, textures and design. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this adorable card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete