Personalised Christmas Cards 2016

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Thinking of You - Have a Treemendous Day


Another blog post from me today, this time my card for the "Less is More" challenge which is a picture inspiration, pop over to the site and check out the fabulous DT cards they are fabulous.

thankful tones


I love the beautiful colours in this picture and remembered I had a few paint strips in my work box which might match, I also had a tree embossing folder which has never been used, this is how I used them.


Using an off white felt card I made a 15cm x 15cm square top fold card.  I embossed a paint strip, in similar colours to the picture, with a tree embossing folder and also embossed the tree on a dark brown piece of card.  The paint strip was lined up on the brown card which was mounted onto a piece of the white card.  I mounted this onto the card blank and added a simple greeting.

I am trying to get things tidied up and blog posts posted as I am away for a few days.  Don't know if I will be able to get wifi so I will try check out your blogs to see what you have been up to
when I get back.

18 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great card Sylv!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Taniaj Scott said...

Wonderful effect, great idea Hugs txx

sam said...

Fantastic card xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

great card Sylv.

greetings karin

Jan Ltc said...

This looks great xx Jan

Nicky Wilcox said...

Fab idea love the card hun xxx

Pauline Butcher said...

What a great idea Sylv, and I love the cards. Hugs P xxx

Jen said...

lovely card sylv

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fantastic! I love it!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Craftyfield said...

The design is so interesting, very original!

Craftyfield said...

The design is so interesting, very original!

Kelly L said...

WOW this looks amazing! I just love what you have created.
Thank you for sharing with us on the Crafty Bloggers Network Facebook page.

Kelly x

Valerie said...

What a clever and very effective card and how opportune to have a colour strip to match the theme:) love the ef.
Val x

Avril Ann said...

Sylv, this is so very clever, love this card, xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

These are all so gorgeous. I love the images stamped onto textured card stock, it always looks so elegant.
The card using the pain sample swatch is genius with the matching up embossed image.

Hugs and <3
Lisa xxxx

Kate M said...

Great card - love how you have used the paint strips - really clever!
xx

jane stillman said...

What a brilliant idea to use the paint samples, fabulous

ionabunny said...

I love this Sylv. I have some of these strips as well. The colours and the embossing are perfect together. Thanks for the inspiration