Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Count Down to Christmas Calendar


 
I have spent the day making advent calendars for my grandchildren. Rather rushed but once I got into it calm took over and I enjoyed playing around with my ideas.  Two sets of grandchildren are visiting this weekend so I needed to get the calendars finished for them to take home.

 


 
Years ago I saw a Count Down to Christmas calendar, made up of a front and back  cover with numbers to turn over each day, 24 down to 1.  Couldn't remember exactly what it was like but think my idea works quite well.





 





I made 3 stand up bases, attached my calendar backs and fronts to them, printed 3 sets of numbers and words from the computer and  digi images of children (from The Digi Stamp Boutique).  The images were coloured with Pro-markers and  colour added with distress inks,  glitter was added  to give a little sparkle. 


 
 






Each calendar was put together then bound with the Bind it All Machine.  I am pleased with the results, hope the kids enjoy using them!  










No comments:

Post a Comment