Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 23 November 2012

The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge Week 8

 

Another week has flown by and another calendar challenge at The Craft Barn, Children and cute!  This is a challenge.  I have only just returned to rubber stamping having used digi stamps for some years so, although I would have love to use a rubber stamp I had no children related ones so it had to be a Lilly of the Valley sketch Rosie Posy, the image is so cute I decided to order the stamp, sure I will use it again.

This is my May page thought of May flowers and went for pastel shades.  First the background, a little bit of colour using  scattered straw distress ink and a little embossing, then the image which was coloured with pastel coloured promarkers and glitter.  I found the glitter frames in my bits box, remnants from die cutting, and thought they would frame the image nicely.  The calender and  rhyme were printed and edged  with scattered straw ink.  The stamp arrived today so I added a few flowers from part of the bouquet to the verse and coloured with promarkers.





6 comments:

  1. It's a very cute page and you must be complimented for going all in with the cute/challenge theme ! Love the entwined circle and square frames, neat idea too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page - it is definitely cute! Great colouring of the girl and great idea to overlap the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute page! I really like the circle with the square frame and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully cute and very pretty. I'm not good at cute but you've got it perfectly! Sorry I'm late with my comments - just catching up!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is REALLY cute, well done
    Thank for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glittery frames and the pastel colours.

    ReplyDelete