Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 27 September 2013

Keep off the Grass


Good morning all you lovely ladies out in blogland, today I have my Craft Barn Alpha Challenge post,  the letter for this fortnight is "G" and I have chosen grass for my word.  Again I am chasing my tail, just back from holiday and so much to catch up on.  I managed to complete letter "Z" but didn't get it posted in time, my "G" page will be sneaking in at the last minute.

 


My page was first stamped with the flowers and grass using Paperartsy Jofy 11 stamp set with black archival ink, the grass and flowers were coloured with Promarkers.  I covered the definition with masking tape and coloured the page with distress ink in various greens, cut out the "G" which was coloured with Promarkers, doodled on and placed in the grass.  I made a sign using kraft card and a free woodgrain stamp, stamped Keep of the Grass onto it and placed that in the grass too.  A little white pen was added to the flowers and some of the grass, tape removed and page finished.

Not too happy with the colours but they are green and a brighter deeper shade may have covered the already coloured grass.  Never mind at least I am in time to enter my page for this fortnight.

Hope to be back soon with some other things I am working on, mainly birthday cards for next month and November, not even thought about Christmas cards yet!

14 comments:

  1. What a fab idea, love it. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sylv, love the sign and those JOYF flowers are fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful done Sylv.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page. Love those JOFY flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, love the flowers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute, what a clever way for the G page. Love the flowers you used and the cute sign you made. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page, the JoFy stamps are wonderful and I love your hand made signpos, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great depiction of your chosen word. I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sylv, thanks for popping over, I sneaked a second page onto my post now! I don't think anyone will notice lol.
    I love that you sneaked in too, and I love your page, I so want those stamps!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page. Your sign post remindered me about how many times I saw it when I was in England and it used to make me laugh. Purple and green always make for a pretty page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice of word and lovely interpretation.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete