Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Saturday 22 September 2018

2019 Create-A-Calendar Summer Months



Hi everyone,  today I have another three pages from my 2019 papermilldirect Creat-a-Calendar covering the Summer season, June, July and August to show you.  I am having so much fun with these using Oak House Studio spray inks which I have not used for some time.


For June I used blue and green spray inks and a very old stamp by Aspect of Design "Butterfly Beauties".  The  paper butterflies were coloured with distress ink and stamped with a script stamp then added over the stamped butterflies in the girl's hair.


More blue spray ink with some purple stencilling on July's page, the face is from Stampers Anonymous "Daydream" stamp set.  The flowers were stencilled with distress ink and paper flowers and butterflies were added to soften the edge of the image.


Back to blue and green spray inks and yellow distress ink stencilling for August.  Marianne Designs "Romantic Vintage CS0867" with Prima Marketing Finnabair "Butterfly 2" were used as the main image and AALL and Create "Set #43" stamps were, stamped with distress inks and black Archival ink around the image.

I have been thinking about what to do with my old calendars and the artwork created for each month, do I keep them intact or use the artwork for other things?  I so loved what I created for last year's calendar and thought I would cut out the images and put them into a journal, mount them in frames or use them in my cardmaking.


I made these two cards from the January and February 2017 pages, mounting the inked panels onto coloured card, papermilldirect teal smooth 240gsm and new lilac smooth 240gsm then onto a cream vellum plain 290gsm card blank and a white hemp 255gsm card blank.  I added a congratulations sentiment to February to send as an anniversary card.

The scrap card from the calendars will be saved for stamping, inking and stencilling later, and the coloured cover will be used too, a great way of upcycling rather than throwing the calendar away once the year is over.

Just another four months to complete in this year's calendar, hope you are all enjoying working on yours, the ones I have seen on facebook and Instagram are amazing. 

Just four more months to complete on my calendar, I hope to get these done today time permitting.

Sylv xx  

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages and cards Sylv. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia I have how you have decorated your calendar and the cards are gorgeous too. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to re use the calendar on cards after all you put so much work into them! They are so beautiful Sylv. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely calendar pages - and a great idea to use the old ones to make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful calendar pages - I particularly like July, and what a great idea to recycle the pages to make cards - beautiful!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and beautiful Wonderful pages and creations Sylv.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete