Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 14 September 2018

Black And White Embossing On Kraft Card


Today I have my design team card for this week's Daring Cardmakers Challenge.  Ruth is hosting the challenge this week and wants to see embossing on your cards, that could be heat embossing or dry embossing or both the choice is yours.

I decided on black and white heat embossing for my card.  I have had the Altenew "Blooming Bouquet" set for some time and bought it with this style of card in mind.


Kraft card is among one of my favourite colours for card making and works really well with this style of  outline stamping.   The main flower image was stamped in black onto a card blank made from  papermilldirect buff card and embossed with clear embossing powder.



The center flower from the bouquet was stamped onto a scrap of buff card and embossed with white embossing powder, I cut this out and added it to the black stamped bouquet matching it up with the center flower.  The dots were stamped round the bouquet and white embossed.  

The sentiment was die cut three times and glued together to make a more substantial piece.  This was added to the card with sequins and dots of perfect pearls.

Check out the Daring Cardmakers challenge HERE .


Sylv xx


12 comments:

  1. Love the black and white on the craft card,so striking.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia this is a stunning card I just love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So classy and elegant. Beautiful card!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous - love that colour combination, really effective. Must try this out myself. Thanks for sharing!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual choice of black and white embossing on craft card but I really like it. Your little added touches around tge flower are nice finishing touches.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, love that white in the midst of the black

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the outline stamping and the embossing has given the lines a lovely density, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these, especially the top one, its so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now there's an idea I will use if I remember Sylv! Using more than one colour of embossing powder - why didn't I think of that?! Lovely creations as ever. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SO love this technique! The card you made with it is fab too!

    ReplyDelete