Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Thursday 28 February 2019

Hooray It's Your Birthday!


Hello everyone, I have been working on my family birthday cards this week and made this dog card for one of my grandsons.  This year I am determined to use some of the many stamps I have, some of which have not seen the light of day yet, and try not to give into temptation and buy more.


I got out the crazy cats and dogs stamp set so I could use a funny dog on the card and gathered together some sentiments, mixed media style stamps and some stencils.  

A card blank was made with papermilldirect white linen card and the sewn circle was stamped onto a piece of white linen cut 2cm smaller than the card blank.  The little dog, which looks a bit like  my grandsons dog, was stamped in the circle and coloured with distress markers. I picked out some large sentiment stamps to help fill out the white space and stamped them in black ink.

The stamped panel was mounted onto a piece of papermilldirect post box red card to add some colour.  The card still looked very CAS for a young man's card so I stencilled the dots onto the card blank using red distress ink before adding the image panel.  The dog's nose, eyes and collar were highlighted with Glossy Accents and a few dots of blue perfect pearls added to add a little more colour.


As I had the stamps out I made another card using one of the cats, this time using a different colour and colouring the circle with a little blue and violet to make it look like a bubble.


More information on how I made the cards and the materials used can be found on the papermilldirect blog .

Sylv xx

7 comments:

  1. Cool cards Sylvia. Love the red and whites with that cute dog. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards look really fab with you. I'm sure the recipient will love them.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two brilliant cards, really made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic - you really use those stamps brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both fab cards Sylv - fresh and modern and recognise the Ranger stamps! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete