Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 1 March 2019

Daring Cardmakers March Elemental Challenge


Hi everyone, another month and it's an elemental challenge over at Daring Cardmakers.  Svenja is hosting the challenge this week and has provided us with this collection of photographs. As always we want you to pick three elements from the picture to use in your card.


Inspiration can be found over at Daring Cardmakers where the design team have some fabulous cards on show, more details of the challenge and the link can be found there too.


I  found this challenge difficult at first even though there are lots of elements to be used.   In the end I went for a sea theme enabling me to use some old stamps and a seahorse die which has only been used once.   The elements I chose for my card were the net, the rope, the triangles in the pattern the colours grey, blue and a sprinkle of red.

The top fold card blank was made from papermilldirect hopsack textured card.  I used a stencil and salty ocean distress ink for the splats of colour, a net stamp with black ink over it, the curled rope stamped with grey ink over that and then some small red triangles.  The sentiment was stamped with grey ink.  The seahorse was die cut and coloured with distress markers and added to the card with 3D sticky pads.
 

An insert was made for the card, I stamped this with the curled rope stamp and stencilled splats and left it blank to write my own message.  Looking through my envelopes I picked a papermilldirect blue envelope which matched the salty ocean distress ink to go with the card.

I do hope you will come and join us for this week's elemental challenge, we love seeing your cards and look forward to leaving a comments on your blogs.

Sylv xx


13 comments:

  1. I really love how you've put this together. Fabulous colours and wonderful composition

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Sylv great design

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sylvia this is a stunning card I just love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Sylv. Wonderful design and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. I love the seahorse.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sylvia. Love this. HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely take on the theme! I mean, what's not to love about seahorses? They're just such beautiful delicate creatures. I love that you've used triangles, too, and what a dainty accent they make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect execution of the card that was struggling to get out of my head Sylv, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this one Sylv and it's perfect for the Challenge! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete