Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Sunday 5 May 2013

Holiday over - "Pear"fect weekend for catching up on crafting



Good afternoon blogland, all my followers old and new and anyone else taking a peek.  After a fab break I am back and must admit I have been very slack recently and have still lots of birthday cards to make.  I looked in the birthday book this morning and realised May's birthdays had crept up on me and I had nothing made!  Mad panic at 7 a.m., but by 9 a.m I had a card ready and posted it when I went shopping (the birthday is tomorrow so I can blame the Bank Holiday).

As I have not used my Silhouette machine very much since buying it I decided this month I will try making some, if not all, my cards using some of the cutting files I have accumulated but not used.  As this card was for a male I opted for the cut out pear and bright colours as you can see from the photo below.


To start I cut out a blank 15cm card from plain white card, printed the greeting at the bottom, then put it through the Silhouette to cut out the pear.  The backing for the pear was a piece of card I coloured last month when playing around with colouring techniques, nice and easy not too much work there!  The insert was printed on the computer and using a pear cutout as a stencil, using the same colours of distress inks as the background card I created the pear on the insert.  Job done, quite like this idea so will be making a few more with different colours and maybe an apple cutout for my boys who are the apple of my eye (cringe! couldn't resist that one).



Well off to feed our new puppy, didn't I mention we picked up a new puppy on Tuesday.  Another reason I am getting nothing done, Poppy is now 1 year old and we thought she would like a companion.


Poppy & Fergus - Double Trouble






12 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you back and glad to hear that you had a nice break. I love your card it is fabulous.

    Poppy and Fergus look like they are getting along fine and look gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pear a lot ! The coloring is fab .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pear! Love the effect you created.... makes a gorgeous C&S card.
    Your new puppy is a cutie.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - "pearfect" card for a man! Love how you have repeated the image on the insert - great card
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Love your new puppy and your older one for that matter! I love the card it's so simple but gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous creation, love all of the detail and you fabulous new puppy.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely simple card, but definately not plain, the colours make it pop, fab work. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, i love it, the colours are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sylv, I love this. So CAS, but with the fab splash of colour behind the 'pear', such a great idea......Your new puppy looks gorgeous too. That's such a nice pic of them both together...happy days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your "pear"fect card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those bright colours. Could never work out why I would need a pear die cut. A lovely idea. Like the CASness

    ReplyDelete