Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Sunday 6 January 2013

New Dawn, New Day a little more concentration!



 This is another entry for the Passion for Promarkers Challenge, I managed to sit and work on the idea of dawn being "a new day" to fit the New Beginnings theme.
 
Having rummaged through all my stamps looking for some inspiration I came up with a Judikins Cube "Africa" with a lovely sunrise, this gave me the idea and also the opportunity to use my sunray embossing folder.


Promarkers have to be used for this challenge, I wanted a water colour effect on the stamp but I only have Promarkers so I scribbled on a wax sheet, added some blending solution to the colours and painted them onto the image.  The sun and reflection were clear embossed and the image mounted onto a small square which was edged with amber promarker.  The sunray was embossed on card and coloured with promarkers in tulip yellow and amber, a greeting was printed, edged with amber, and fastened under the sunray the image was fastened with 3D sticky fixers.  I lightly coloured round the edge of the panel with pale blue chalk.  The panel was then mounted on a card which had the outside edge coloured with blue promarker.

Another dull slightly misty day here today, not ideal for photos but I think they give a fair representation of the card.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great concept, well done. Thank you for playing along with us on the PFP Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous understated card. Fabulous image and great design. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP 'New Beginnings' challenge and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I LOVE this card, it's so clever, and the stamp is fab. I used that embossing folder yesterday on a tag, it's so versatile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card...thanks so much for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favourite embossing folders. That's a lovely stamp

    ReplyDelete