Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 15 March 2019

"Stitch It" For The Daring Cardmakers Challenge




Hi everyone, another Friday and another challenge over at Daring Cardmakers.  This weeks challenge is "In Stitches" hosted by Shabneez and she wants to see stitching on your cards, this can be real stitching or faux stitching.

I used a selection of sewing related stamps with faux stitching and added some machine zigzag stitching in a contrast colour, yellow crystals and white domes with a little yellow paint.

 
I used papermilldirect Cumbria colour card for the card blank and the stamped panel, it stamped and coloured beautifully, had a soft feel and I will be trying some water colouring or foiling with it for my next project.  I thought the stamps looked vintage so went with a vintage colour palette distressing and blending the edges with vintage photo distress ink.

The stamps I used were AALL and create #27,  Carabelle Studio Taches et Coutures and the dress form and sentiment were from an old set which was free with a magazine  (which has started to disintegrate now and go sticky).  The tape measure paper was from my stash.

Sylv xx







10 comments:

  1. I love the way you've mixed the sewing themed stamps and stitching in this card. Just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia this is a stunning card I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely warm vintage feel to this and the addition of the real stitches just lifts it to extra special, lovely card Sylv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sylv - makes me think of my Grandma as the sewing machine looks like a black Singer one she used to have. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of stitching and sewing images. xxx

    ReplyDelete