Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 8 March 2019

"Mad March Hare"



Hello friends, followers and anyone passing by.  Today I have my Daring Cardmakers DT card for this week's challenge. More details and the DT inspirations can be found over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.

Joanne is hosting the Daring Cardmakers Challenge this week and has chosen "March Hare" as the theme, she would like to see March  hares or rabbits on your cards, who doesn't love an Easter Bunny or a Mad March Hare? 

I went down the Easter card path and made these hare and bunny cards.


The first card and the scrapling were made using an inked and stamped panel I saved from my 2017 permilldirect calendar.  The hare on the panel was used to make the large card and the remaining piece of card was used on the scrapling.  The set of stamps used were Hobby Art's March Hares and the original calendar page can be found HERE.  

I cut two frames one larger than the other using papermilldirect 300gsm pearlised card.  The larger frame was edged with distress ink and a selection of flowers and  leaves stamped along the bottom, finally the sentiment was added.  The cut out hare was layered onto a large plain white card and the two frames layered over it.  An insert was added with some honeycomb stencilling.


I also made a rabbit card, I just love this cute Bunny Behind stamp from Craft Impressions.  The little flowers are from a very old stamp set from Craftwork Cards called Graceful Grasses and Birdcages.  Again I cut out two mounts, stamping the largest with the sentiment.  The bunny and flowers were stamped onto a square of white card and coloured with distress inks and a water brush, then attached to the center of a pale pink card blank. The first mount was covered in glitter and placed over the image then the second frame added .

We would love to see your Hare and Rabbit creations so why not join us this week over at Daring Cardmakers. 

Sylv xx


11 comments:

  1. Great batch of card Sylv, I love the slightly surprised look of the hare on the first one and it’s always good to see a scrapling! Cute bunny with his pom-pom tail too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o these are gorgeous Sylv and I love the design and how you make the frames.

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sylvia your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cute especially the last one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, I just love your March Hare ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards. I do love the bunny's pompom tail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great. Love the bunny with the lovely yellow background

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh....I truly LOVE your cards!!! The first one is so beautiful and I love the background, and the second on is just adorable!!! I hope I seen these in Crafter's Castle challenge :) Hugs...Janie crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very pretty creations Sylv - the last one is my fave! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! How fab are these cards? I love the way they are so completely different for each other. Clever re-use of the calendar pic for the scrapling too

    ReplyDelete