Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Monday 23 July 2018

A Sweet Card for a Girl


Good morning everyone, the lovely summer weather we have had recently has inspired this candy coloured  birthday card.



I had the embossed white linen background on my desk in a "to use at some time" box of bits.  This was coloured with blue, pink, yellow and green distress oxides and spritzed with water to make the colours run.



The coffee cup was cut from the different coloured cards using a Tim Holtz large Sizzix die.  The cup was assembled , the heart was stamped and glittered and 2 lace flowers added before adding it to the embossed panel with 3D sticky pads.  The greeting was stamped onto a scrap of white card and attached with 3D sticky pads so it was the same height as the cup. 

The finished embossed panel was layered onto pink card then onto white hemp card and finally onto the blue card blank.

I have a few bits and pieces on my desk (embossed card, inky backgrounds and die cuts) which I keep out with the intention of doing something with rather than putting away in a box or throwing away.  I have set myself a task to make some cards or tags over the next few week using these pre-cut, coloured and die cut items.  I was so pleased how this card came together from a plain embossed panel and it will be interesting to see what I can do with the other items on my desk.

Sylv xx

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,such a lovely design .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card and detail.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve wholeheartedly with the idea of using up all the half started, leftover, or undecided what to do next bits and pieces that collect over time!! I am making a determined effort to use these up - my own box of cards and my Charity box of Cards for Causes is doing well from this!!
    I love your card, the colours are so pretty and fresh, its a lovely design.
    Keep up the good work!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous summery card Sylv - love the pastel colours and hoping the cup is full of iced coffee! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely die cuts and details on this card

    ReplyDelete