Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Thursday 11 April 2019

Ahoy There Matey!




Hello everyone and thank you for dropping in.  I have a nautical themed card for you today inspired by a little piece of white linen inky card I found in my bits box. 

The blue and orange inked card which had been spritzed with water was die cut with a stitched square die then stamped with part of a sailing boat from a nautical themed Apple Blossom stamp set.

I set about designing my card using some of the stamps from the set.  I wanted to bring in blue to tone with the stamped square and cut a square of papermilldirect Turquoise Cumbria Colour Card slightly smaller than my papermilldirect white linen card blank.  An oblong of Ebony Cumbria Colour Card was cut to add some contrast and the lighthouse was stamped onto this using white ink, the sentiment was stamped and embossed with sea foam white embossing powder.


The two stamped panels were moved around on the blue card until I was happy with the placement but I thought the card still needed some more interest.  The compass points were stamped directly onto the turquoise card at the top and bottom of the ebony panel and then the panel stuck down over them.  The white square was added using 3D sticky pads.

The finished design was then added to the card blank with 3D sticky foam tape. 

The Cumbria Colour Card is a lovely card to use, it is 270gsm and a nice firm card with a gorgeous soft feel and comes in a wonderful array of colours.  It stamped well especially with the white ink and I will be trying some foiling and embossing with it next.

Sylv xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design Sylv - you are so clever with your thought process. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors in the foreground and great images in the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - I love the way that black panel works to make the image pop out and pulls the colours together

    ReplyDelete