Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 10 August 2018

Daring Cardmakers Nautical Challenge



Hi everyone, another Friday and time for another Daring Cardmakers challenge.  This week the theme is hosted by Shabneez and the theme is "Nautical".  


I had two ideas for the challenge and could not make my mind up which to go with so made both.  My first idea was to use a Stampers Anonymous compass stamp, cut out an array of stars (as sailors used to navigate by the stars) an anchor sailing element and a few sketchy seagulls flying round.


I used papermilldirect white hemp card  for my card blank, white linen card for the background and navy plain and daffodil yellow plain card for layering.


My second idea was a wood background with a ship's wheel and a red white and blue theme.  I used a papermilldirect  7"x5" white hammered card blankbuff plain card for embossing, navy plain card, red plain card and white hammered card for layering, knotted butchers string with a flag sentiment above a die cut sentiment and two cut out seagulls. 


I used a 3D embossing folder for the wood grain and cut the ship's Wheel and seagulls on the Silhouette, stamped a wood grain pattern onto the wheel and added some red and white cotton detail.

I am guest designing again this month at Daring Cardmakers and would love you to come over and join in the challenge, such a lovely theme with lots of possibilities from ships to sea creatures and more.

Sylv xx

11 comments:

  1. These are really fabulous. Such stunning design and detail Sylv.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, both of these are so beautiful. Loving that star cut out with the image you chose and the background with the happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Sylvia! The woodgrain embossing looks fab (I’m a sucker for anything woodgrain and that’s an especially nice folder you’ve used) and I love the circle of stars getting more and more dense as it goes - lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous card,love them both.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super nautical cards, nothing to choose from here they are both great, but I am a sucker for red white and blue, so I think that makes the ship's wheel and woodgrain the winner today!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous cards Sylv and both so different on the same theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these cards Sylv, they are stunning. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these cards, Sylv. The compass and stars on the first are so evocative and the wood grain and nautical elements on the other make me think of beautiful old wooden sailing ships!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not one but two cards Sylv? Both are very inspiring and I'm very grateful you made 2 cards for my challenge! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete