Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Friday 3 August 2018

August Elemental Challenge Daring Cardmakers




Hello everyone, It's Friday and time for another challenge over on The Daring Cardmakers blog. This week, being the first Friday of the month it is an elemental challenge hosted by Joanne.  Check out the challenge blog for inspiration from the Design team and details of how to enter.


The challenge is to pick at least three elements from the picture above and use them to make your card.  I chose the lavender the colours blue, green and yellow (one choice) and the basket weave.  A Gin and Tonic card came to mind but unfortunately I did not have any appropriate stamps or dies.  Must buy some for future cards as I have a few friends who drink G and T and Pimms. 



Having racked my brain for what to make I came up with the above card which I must admit came together well.  I made a wicker stencil on the Silhouette and used spray inks from Oak House Studio, distress oxides, Sizzix dies and card and paper from papermilldirect.  The stamped words are from the AALL and Create #43 stamp set.



To add interest to the insert I stencilled the basket weave in the lower corner, added a sentiment and a few paper butterflies.

Do come along and join in the challenge, it is such fun and we would love to see your take on the theme and which elements you choose to make into a card.




11 comments:

  1. It really did come together well - it's beautiful Sylvia! Love your basket weave stencilling and pretty flowe die cuts. Great staging too - I hope you got some nice smells wafting off that mint and lavendar while you took your photos! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the challenge. I love to cut stencils on my Silhouette too - a very economical way to increase your stash of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Sylv. Lovely background and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful summery card Sylv. Lovely soft colours.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect card for the challenge. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super design and lovely choice of elements here - great card!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you interpreted the picture, what a fab card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely take on the theme, I especially like the stencilled basket as a backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very clever card Sylv! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete